When you’re a parent, it’s your job to ensure that your little ones wear kids mineral sunscreen as they’re supposed to. However, if you can instil behaviors in your children that mean they actually want to put the stuff on, then the task of keeping them safe in the sun gets that much easier.
You see, getting your kids to be safe in the sun doesn’t have to be a struggle, as when you develop sun-safe habits in children, it can end up being a much more fun and engaging activity. Stay with us as we offer some playful tips on how to inject some fun into proceeding to make it a joyful part of your son or daughter’s routine.
Making Kids Mineral Sunscreen Application Fun
There’s a bunch of things you can be doing when it’s time to go outside into the sun to make putting on kids mineral sunscreen not just tolerable but fun! Let’s take a look at the fun ways that it can be introduced into the process.
- Singing the Sunscreen Song! – There’s nothing more fun than a good sing-song, and when you sing the sunscreen song…”This is the way we apply our sunscreen early in the morning!” or something to that effect, they can actually look forward to it as they associate the act less with a chore and more with an enjoyable activity.
- Try a Hat Parade! – Next, why not try a hat parade? As part of the sunscreen application task, you could organize a mini fashion parade to see which of your kids has the most colorful hat. If you’ve got just one, let them choose the one they want to wear – the sillier, the better – and then it becomes a celebration, not something boring.
- The Shadow-Seekers Game – If it’s a hot and sunny day, sunscreen application could be followed by a quick game of shadow seekers where your kids run and find the best spot under a tree, umbrella or veranda. This is typically a game that they’ll find super-fun and remain safe from UV rays into the bargain.
- Water Wizards! – Hydration is another important part of sun safety, and you can get them drinking all the water they need by making them water Wizards! Why not decorate the bottle with stickers to make it special and challenge them to finish their ‘magic potion’ to remain super-strong and safe in the sun?
- Play UV Detectives! – If you’re still in need of inspiration, you could choose to play a game of UV detectives by giving them some UV-sensitive stickers or a bracelet that changes color in the sun. In fact, with brands like Blue Lizard, the bottle changes color in UV rays. Let them keep an eye on color changes and put them in charge of letting the rest of the family know.
Getting Success With Kids Mineral Sunscreen Is All About Fun
At the end of the day, getting buy-in from your dear little kids is all about making it fun. When something like this seems too much like a chore, the job of getting sunscreen on their skin when it’s needed gets so much harder. However, when they feel special in some way or empowered to be in charge of important tasks, it often does the trick!
We hope that by reading our blog makes sun safety easier for you and your family. Then, you can enjoy being out in the sun as you’re supposed to without the usual worries.